Thursday, April 8, 2010

Portraits


















































Well, here is another portrait assignment. If you know me, you know that I have to change things up a bit each year. It is a matter of professional desire: I desire to better my lessons year after year. I also do this to prevent boredom. I don't want to be one of those teachers that re-use the same plans year after year. How dull must that be?

So, here are a few of the results of this year's Art 1 students. I really wish I could have my kids for more than one year. Oh... how wonderful would that be???














2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there, I've just given you the Versatile Blogger Award! Drop by and pick it up when you are able.
http://msjuliesartschool.blogspot.com/

Donna said...

Hi Julie, I'm an art teacher & just found these amazing sites. I'm so grateful that other teachers are sharing their ideas and Art. I absolutely LOVE your portraits. Would it be possible to obtain your directions??? For the larger piece, do you use a projector & then have the kids draw it out?.. or do you use ONLY the grid to transpose photo to your art board? And.... the photo's you used look like Black & Whites? Are they? or are they prepped in Photoshop first? Looks like you are using a monochrome of Dark, Medium and Light color. I just love them!!!! I do hope to hear from you! You are truly AWESOME! Your kids must Love you to no end. ;)) Thanks again Donna ;) I do hope to create portraits like yours. They are just way to Cool!