Friday, May 16, 2008

Sculptures!





Oh how I love sculpting! But these little creations are such an easy way to create wonderfully abstract and fun sculptures. They are created by drilling two holes in a block of wood, sticking a cut wire hanger into the holes, shaping it a bit, and stretching a nylon stocking (knee-high) over the entire piece. I love this project! It is easy, quick, and cheap!! It was a great break for my kids after weeks working on those Black History pieces. We have received so many compliments on these sculptures, and my kids are so happy with the outcome. I hope you enjoy them, too.

3 comments:

Beverly B. said...

Great idea!

plain jane said...

I'm going to have to try this!

John Wick said...

This is Amazing! I am a first year art teacher for grades 6-8 and I know this would be a work of art with which the students would become immediately engaged!

Quick question, the stocking is stretched over the entire piece including the base where the wood is?

Also do you recommend any particular type of wood or size? I am so excited by this and cannot wait to try this out.

-JW